Lavender – summers perfect, easy to grow, fragrant, vibrant, evergreen shrub! Prized for it’s rich fragrant flowers and aromatic silver-grey foliage, lavender can be located anywhere, it thrives in a sunny border, container, herb or gravel garden and is the idyllic shrub to accompany almost anything within your garden from roses to cabbages.
- Easy to grow
- Flowers are attractive to bees and other pollinating insects
- Thrives in full sun and is drought tolerant
- Best planted in spring
- Hardy and easy to maintain, but avoid planting in cold damp areas
- Prune annually to keep compact
- Other than decorating gardens and landscapes, lavender can be extracted to produce essential oils or culinary herbs.